Tuesday, November 10, 2009

San Diego November 9th - 10th 2009

We arrived in San Diego and stayed one night at the San Diego Yacht Club. Alexus and I took off on our bikes to go to Ace Hardware store and after we left we spilt up to maximizes our shopping trips. In the parking lot my bike experienced a catastrophic failure. The derailleur bracket broke, the chain caught and bent links, the derailleur went in to the spokes and broke two spokes. I was going slow uphill slow, so no injury, but I walked my bike 4 miles to the nearest bike shop in hope they could fix it before we left for Ensenada.

We decided to rent a car since we had folks coming and going and needed to provision the boat. We took Bruce to the airport in the morning as he was headed back to Boulder Colorado. We had a great time with Bruce and enjoyed his company, humor and singing! We, Loe, Alexus and I took a day to be tourists. We went to Old Town San Diego and had Mexican food, found fudge and candy, but most importantly, Loe found serving ware that matched the pattern and style she collects. It was an early night as the next day Lori would arrive.

No comments: