Monday, August 18, 2008

Jarrell Cove to Hope Island August 16th, 2008

We left Jarrell Cove and as we continued our state park trend, moored next at one the buoys at Hope Island. Hope Island Park is far more exposed and there was a great deal of recreational water craft traffic, boat, jet skis, kayaks, you name it.

However, we moored in about 20 feet and by high tide it was about 35 feet. So, I dropped the crab off the back of the boat and we caught one crab. Then about ½ hour later we had another larger crab. Going for broke, I tied a chicken thigh just inside of the trap and 40 minutes later we had three more large rock crabs. We had planned on a steak dinner, but that changed as we ate all five of the crabs for dinner. It was the first time we had caught our limit. CRABAGANZA!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crabaganza! I love it! I'll bet it tasted YUMMY!

Hugs!
CJ

Anonymous said...

I'll take the crab legs and you can have the rest! :-)
Glad you caught your limit!!

LYL
Mom